community_studios - [Community_studios] SONG STORM Alert: May 13, 2005

community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of all things related to Public Domain

  • From: tom poe <tompoe AT amihost.com>
  • To: Open Studios <Open_Studios AT yahoogroups.com>
  • Cc: Community Studios <community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Community_studios] SONG STORM Alert: May 13, 2005
  • Date: 13 May 2005 21:54:42 -0700

Calling All Artists!

SONG STORM wants to create a compilation CD, as a fund-raiser to
generate revenues for Open Studios. As you may know, SONG STORM is a
project of Open Studios, which is dedicated to replenishing our public
domain. To accomplish our mission, Open Studios assists communities
around our country, and around the world, to build and operate
community-based recording studios. These studios provide free services
for residents of the community. That means, low-income neighborhoods,
rural communities without local resources, kids in school, and the
homeless benefit from being able to gain access to state-of-the-art
digital technologies, not to mention Independent Artists that can't
afford studio time:
http://www.ibiblio.org/studioforrecording/

We want your help to make this commemorative CD, the first, a success.
If you have a song you want us to use on the CD, please contact me right
away. We'd like to limit the selection to those Independent Artists
that have joined the SONG STORM team. We'll be shooting for a mid-June
launch date with this CD, and it will be available for purchase on our
online store at: http://www.cafepress.com/openstudios/

For more information, send a reply to this email, today.
SONG STORM
Reno, NV, USA
www.ibiblio.org/studioforrecording/php/playlist.php

  • [Community_studios] SONG STORM Alert: May 13, 2005, tom poe, 05/14/2005