community_studios - Re: [Community_studios] Re: [Open_Studios] Paper submission complete

community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of all things related to Public Domain

  • From: Anatoly Volynets <av AT total-knowledge.com>
  • To: tom poe <tompoe AT amihost.com>
  • Cc: Open Studios <Open_Studios AT yahoogroups.com>, Community Studios <community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Community_studios] Re: [Open_Studios] Paper submission complete
  • Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 14:21:11 -0700 (PDT)

Wow, it is about full month I was remembering to answer!

I am not much concerned with mind sets. It is not if I consider this
subject unimportant, but it is just not that subject I am thinking about
here.

My point was about working social systems. What works for what? Really? I
don't care about feelings, impressions and speculations (meaning primarily
those ones of crappyrights enthusiasts). This is one of the questions I
have been preoccupied with for a long time.

In our case: I stress that open licensing feeds an author. Why? Because
open licensing for creative work corresponds to its nature. I scrutinized
the issue in Open Studios monthly News Letter and other texts, which are
currently being assembled in a book.

Again, my point is that open licensing feeds creators, no matter what is
their mind set.