community_studios - [Community_studios] community-based recording studios article

community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of all things related to Public Domain

  • From: tom poe <tompoe AT amihost.com>
  • To: cml AT main.nc.us
  • Cc: Open Studios <Open_Studios AT yahoogroups.com>, Community Studios <community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Community_studios] community-based recording studios article
  • Date: 03 Feb 2005 14:26:37 -0800

Hello, Mr. Bowen and Ms. Heck: I would like to introduce our project to
you, and request an opportunity to submit an article for your
consideration. First, who and what we are:

Open Studios is a 501(c)(3) organization located in Reno, Nevada. We
assist communities wishing to build and operate community-based
recording studios. We use a music highlighted theme, as it seems to be
a popular notion with the general public.

A low-end PC-based computer is now powerful enough to host
state-of-the-art audio and video software, enabling users to create
world-class multi-media products, such as music recordings on a CD,
audio/video recordings on a DVD, multi-media presentations for
fund-raising campaigns, multi-media marketing presentations for small
businesses, broadcast network quality tv and radio shows, Public Service
Announcements (PSA), even full-featured films. Last, but not least, a
community-based recording studio, which downloads the software used in
Australia's electronic voting systems, is capable of providing an
electronic voting system that is completely open and subject to public
scrutiny by all voters! . . . . but, I digress.

A donated computer with such software as mentioned above, means that a
community can get into the "recording" business without any up-front
costs. All they need, is time and effort. And, of course, access to
the expertise and training needed to be successful. Open Studios acts
as a global Help Desk, to provide all the answers, the technical
support, the training, and the assistance needed to enable communities
to get where they want to go, to meet the needs of their community, not
some other community. All services are free.

Would it be possible to submit an article for publication on your site?
If so, what are the steps to take?
Open Studios
Reno, NV, USA
www.ibiblio.org/studioforrecording/

  • [Community_studios] community-based recording studios article, tom poe, 02/03/2005