community_studios - [Community_studios] Correction of previous message

community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of all things related to Public Domain

  • From: tom poe <tompoe AT amihost.com>
  • To: Open Studios <Open_Studios AT yahoogroups.com>
  • Cc: Joy Pierce <redwooddreamer AT att.net>, Seth Johnson <seth.johnson AT realmeasures.dyndns.org>, Community Studios <community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Community_studios] Correction of previous message
  • Date: 12 Jan 2005 04:27:20 -0800

Hello, All: I want to correct the following statement:
"We'll bail out entire industries in the financial sector, and airline
industry, but with cattle, we just accept that entire generations will
have to suffer horrible deaths, just as the roughly 180,000 British
victims that have died since 1987 from this disease, for the sake of
avoiding a multi-billion dollar short-term bailout."

The 180,000 number reflects cattle identified with BSE, not humans. In
cattle, contaminated feed exposure scales dramatically, dependent on a
few feed manufacturers. Just how much of the British population has
been exposed to vCJD, or sCJD, continues to be discussed, but we'll not
really know for years to come, as the incubation period is generally
many years in duration.

Now, back to community-based recording studios.
Thanks, Tom

  • [Community_studios] Correction of previous message, tom poe, 01/12/2005