community_studios - [Community_studios] We are witnessing a most historic moment in time!

community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of all things related to Public Domain

  • From: tom poe <tompoe AT amihost.com>
  • To: Open Studios <Open_Studios AT yahoogroups.com>
  • Cc: Community Studios <community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org>, Fork <fork AT xent.com>
  • Subject: [Community_studios] We are witnessing a most historic moment in time!
  • Date: 15 Nov 2004 07:16:44 -0800

http://news.newkerala.com/health-news-india/?action=fullnews&id=42741
Free Stem cell line "for the good of mankind":
[Health India]: Melbourne, Nov 15 :
Stem Cell Sciences Ltd (SCS) announced in Melbourne today that it would
make its new stem cell line, named Mel 1 after its city of origin,
freely available to academics and companies carrying out research around
the globe.

"It really is not appropriate that something that has been donated for
the good of mankind be controlled by any individual," SCS chief
executive Peter Mountford was quoted as saying.

"Through the use of the laboratories in the US, Europe and Asia, Mel 1
will really serve, if you like, as an ambassador to the Victorian and
Australian biotech sector," he added. (ANI)

  • [Community_studios] We are witnessing a most historic moment in time!, tom poe, 11/15/2004