community_studios - [Community_studios] Re: SongStorm Logo

community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of all things related to Public Domain

  • From: tom poe <tompoe AT amihost.com>
  • To: Alexandra Volynets <ally AT allyville.com>
  • Cc: Open Studios <Open_Studios AT yahoogroups.com>, Community Studios <community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Community_studios] Re: SongStorm Logo
  • Date: 13 Nov 2004 06:10:58 -0800

Hi, Alexandra: I downloaded sodipodi, discovered I could export as png,
and so, what I really did was:
open file in sodipodi
exported large png file
then, because I was on second computer which did not have font I wanted,
I uploaded png to ibiblio.org server. Went to first computer and
downloaded png file to computer.
Opened file in Gimp, added text, saved as .xcf file, so we can change
text and layout
Then saved as .png file, uploaded to:
http://www.ibiblio.org/studioforrecording/php/homepage.php
Take a look. I think it is wonderful!

It won't work for business cards, and may be too ambiguous for
brochures, but it is really terrific for the Internet. Thank YOU!
Happy Holidays, Tom

On Sun, 2004-11-07 at 14:06, Alexandra Volynets wrote:
> Tom,
> Here is the SongStorm logo in vector form (which means you can resize it to
> any size and it'll look the same). I made it using sodipodi, so if you
> can't
> open it, you can download the program and see it that way. I will find out
> how to export it into gif or jpeg and do that, but you can look at it for
> now
> and tell me what you think. I had a few other ideas (similar ones) for it
> that I could do, but I like this one so much that I don't think it's
> necessary.
> I'll get working on making a vector version of open studios. It'll end up
> looking a little different because it'll be difficult to color the CD just
> like a regular CD. So it'll be more stylized. I can also do the black and
> white one, and if you want, perhaps color it.
> -Sasha

  • [Community_studios] Re: SongStorm Logo, tom poe, 11/13/2004