community_studios - [Community_studios] Re: [Open_Studios] Site Update questions

community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of all things related to Public Domain

  • From: Lucas Gonze <lgonze AT panix.com>
  • To: Open Studios <Open_Studios AT yahoogroups.com>
  • Cc: Community Studios <community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Community_studios] Re: [Open_Studios] Site Update questions
  • Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 00:11:52 -0400 (EDT)

What's JAWS, Tom? I don't know the term.

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004, tom poe wrote:

So far, exploring the world of site menus, I get the impression that an
accessible menu that can be navigated with something like JAWS, or
others, remains a problem. The use of two options, tables and CSS,
don't work all that well.

So, I'm thinking we have to have a nice site map layout, rather than
inserting page menus. Does anyone have suggestions about whether this
would be the appropriate approach? Should I mock up something like
this, and just use an image/link sprinkled around for a site map, along
with a few major links to related material on the pages/sections?

SONG STORM is about to break out into genres/categories of music, and
Open Studios is about to experience a major site redo, possibly moving
to a template-driven site format for visitor interaction.

Tom

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
[rand=726121133]