community_studios - Re: [Community_studios] Newsletter Issue #9: September, 2004

community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of all things related to Public Domain

  • From: tom poe <tompoe AT amihost.com>
  • To: Francis Brock <francis AT brockworks.com>
  • Cc: Community Studios <community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Community_studios] Newsletter Issue #9: September, 2004
  • Date: 07 Sep 2004 19:19:11 -0700

Hi, Francis: The newsletter was started, just because we needed to
start. It's not formalized in any way, at this point. If you wander
through the mailing list archive, you'll see very little, if any,
comments or reaction to it, in its present configuration.

The community_studios mailing list: Many months ago, I did take a look
at the membership list, and recognized very few, if any, of about 30
members. I haven't looked at it since. I have no idea what the
readership/subscriber base might be at this time.

Published guidelines: If anyone has a model we can follow for creating
such a document, speak up. The newsletter is one year old, time to move
forward, eh?

Who's in charge: I've been doing the newsletter since its' inception.
The decision on who's in charge for the next stage is wide open. Using
email and the web site permissions lets anyone, that wants to take a
shot at building the newsletter beyond what it is now, be able to handle
things neatly. Any volunteers?

Preaching to the choir: That isn't really an issue. The newsletter is
available to all, and, the Internet prevents such results. Unlike
conferences, and such, where the choir shows up, the preaching takes
place, and the choir leaves, doesn't really happen with newsletters,
does it? I'm a recipient of a couple of email lists that relies on
"forwarded emails" to spread the word. It seems like a "preaching to
the choir" thingy to me. I don't equate such lists with newsletters,
although I could be missing the point, entirely.

Let's get some feedback on this, and move to the next step.

Thanks,
Tom