community_studios - Re: [Community_studios] site traffic report for both Open Studios andSONG STORM

community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of all things related to Public Domain

  • From: Anatoly Volynets <av AT total-knowledge.com>
  • To: Francis Brock <openstudios AT brockworks.com>
  • Cc: tom poe <tompoe AT amihost.com>, Community Studios <community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org>, Open Studios <Open_Studios AT yahoogroups.com>
  • Subject: Re: [Community_studios] site traffic report for both Open Studios andSONG STORM
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 22:27:25 -0700 (PDT)

Francis,

Thank you for that. I haven't heard for quite a while so definite reminder
what is art about. Two points I have to add:

1. The sharing in music or programming is not just kind of feeling which
some people share and some - not. Whatever whoever may say, in my
view, sharing is essential feature of art, normal way of its existence.
If we could completely eliminate sharing in arts, they would disappear
entirely.

2. Having said that I cannot refuse one conclusion: no artificial
restrictions put on natural circulation of art between people can be
justified. If so - there is no any justification for copyrights
whatsoever. This is where ideas of Authoright came from.

Thanks again,