community_studios - [Community_studios] Re: More Digital Divide Whining

community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of all things related to Public Domain

  • From: "Larry Press" <lpress AT csudh.edu>
  • To: "tom poe" <tompoe AT amihost.com>, "Community Studios" <community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [Community_studios] Re: More Digital Divide Whining
  • Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2004 07:44:55 -0700

> Without an infrastructure in place, here's what could be happening in

Do you think they do video conferencing without a network? Do you think it
is a bunch of stand-alone computers using telepathy to communicate?

That software runs over TCP/IP and was developed the people who run the
Kiosks I mention in the article.

You should tell the folks at Tenet who developed that software that you are
against networks and see what they have to say.

> question as to why Dr. Press doesn't want to use such low cost
> technology solutions for his dorms at school.

This also makes no sense -- we are installing a network connect the dorm
rooms back to the campus backbone so our students can use such software.
They obviously cannot do so today on their stand-alone computers.

Are you a putting me on?