community_studios - [Community_studios] Re: It has been so long tom

community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of all things related to Public Domain

  • From: tom poe <tompoe AT amihost.com>
  • To: Andrew Takubya <takubya_a AT yahoo.com>
  • Cc: Solomon Ackwerh <s_ackwerh AT yahoo.com>, OLU OMOLE <olusco66 AT hotmail.com>, Community Studios <community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org>, Michael Mwandha <mwamichael AT yahoo.com>, Beatrice Begumisa <triceug AT yahoo.com>
  • Subject: [Community_studios] Re: It has been so long tom
  • Date: 18 Jul 2004 01:41:27 -0700

Hello, Everyone: So many months pass by without progress, and it
doesn't seem to get better. So, maybe we need to shift our strategy at
this end.

I'm going to try to find as many email lists that are dedicated to local
events and topics in cities around the United States. We have a list
for Reno, and it is supposed to just be for local questions, events,
topics. If I raise a topic of national politics, the moderator scolds
me. I suspect there are other community-oriented lists like that, so
will start to gather them.

On the list, I will ask for donated computers for each of you. If there
is a response, we'll then try to figure out how to ship the computer to
you. I'm now convinced that those organizations that say they're
donating computers to developing countries are not interested in sending
computers to communities for community-based recording studios. I don't
know why they don't want to do that.

Will let you know what happens next week.
Tom Poe
Open Studios
Reno, NV
www.ibiblio.org/studioforrecording/