community_studios - [Community_studios] Grant thoughts

community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of all things related to Public Domain

  • From: tom poe <tompoe AT amihost.com>
  • To: Anatoly Volynets <av AT total-knowledge.com>
  • Cc: Open Studios <Open_Studios AT yahoogroups.com>, Community Studios <community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Community_studios] Grant thoughts
  • Date: 03 Jun 2004 10:05:12 -0700

Hi, Anatoly: I agree, totally, and hope we're decrying deprivation of
culture aloud, both through Open Studios and SONG STORM. What, in your
opinion, might be a truly extraordinary example of what happens with
deprivation of culture? What does a face of a person deprived of
culture look like? Let's broaden the discussion by adding Open Studios
and Community Studios folks to this topic.

We're struggling with grant writing issues, here, and attempting to put
together a compelling Letter of Inquiry, which hopefully, will strike a
chord with Foundations interested in addressing the poor, the homeless,
the disadvantaged population that is exploding in our country.
Community-based recording studios offer economic promise, and it's a
matter of getting the message across, quickly, and dramatically. Anyone
want to jump in?
Tom

- - - snip - - -