community_studios - [Community_studios] Re: Fw: M.P.S Records - South Africa

community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of all things related to Public Domain

  • From: tom poe <tompoe AT amihost.com>
  • To: Linda Payne <linda.mps AT mweb.co.za>
  • Cc: Andrew Takubya <takubya_a AT yahoo.com>, Michael Mwandha <mwamichael AT yahoo.com>, Siyabonga Malembe <siya_omni AT yahoo.com>, OLU OMOLE <olusco66 AT hotmail.com>, Julie Sorg <juliesorg AT yahoo.com>, Community Studios <community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org>, Beatrice Begumisa <triceug AT yahoo.com>
  • Subject: [Community_studios] Re: Fw: M.P.S Records - South Africa
  • Date: 06 May 2004 10:09:31 -0700

Hi, Linda: Let's get to work!

Open Studios would like to see you start a community-based recording
studio. We'll take you through the steps, and you should end up with a
for-profit recording studio (assume MPS Records is for-profit) and a
community-based not-for-profit recording studio for those who don't have
the money to pay for recording services.

First, we set up a document called, Memorandum of Understanding (MOU),
that protects you, and assures others that you can do what you want,
that you don't pay any money for services from Open Studios (all our
services are free), and can move away to something else whenever you
want.

Then, we'll work on getting a donated computer, load it with free
software from the CCRMA Project at Stanford University in the United
States, and you'll be set up to operate and build and expand from there.

If that sounds good to you, send me the names and addresses of the Key
Players, a name you'll use for the not-for-profit organization, such as,
South Africa Community Recording Studio, and a mail address for me to
send you the MOU.

I'm also copying this to volunteers in Kampala, Jinja, and other
locations, as we hope to have their help to make this happen in their
communities as well.

Looking to hear from you soon.
Open Studios
Reno, Nevada, USA
www.ibiblio.org/studioforrecording/

On Wed, 2004-05-05 at 23:43, Linda Payne wrote:
> Hello Tom!

  • [Community_studios] Re: Fw: M.P.S Records - South Africa, tom poe, 05/06/2004