community_studios - [Community_studios] SONG STORM Hits The BIG 50 Artist Listings!

community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of all things related to Public Domain

  • From: tom poe <tompoe AT amihost.com>
  • To: Open Studios <Open_Studios AT yahoogroups.com>
  • Cc: Community Studios <community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Community_studios] SONG STORM Hits The BIG 50 Artist Listings!
  • Date: 22 Mar 2004 07:27:31 -0800

March 22, 2004 - Mark your calendars, folks. We hit the BIG 50 for
artist listings on SONG STORM. We're heavy on Blues, thanks to Cookie
Holley's efforts, some Jazz, Folk, World Beat, Alternative, even some
Dance/Swing from Judith Kay, and Christa Coir.

We'll now shoot for 100, and never look back.

So far, about half a dozen artists have expressed interest in
participating in the creation of a special commemorative CD. Proclus
contributed a neat idea for the cover, and as he so aptly put it, we can
"mockup" the product, see what materials we want to include, and put it
out there for voting? Will keep you posted.

If you haven't done so, yet, think about adding the SONG STORM logo and
link to your site, and don't hesitate to help spread the word. You can
grab the code and cut/paste from the Welcome message on SONG STORM:
http://www.ibiblio.org/studioforrecording/mt/Song_Storm/

I'll put up a press release we can circulate, soon.

Tom

  • [Community_studios] SONG STORM Hits The BIG 50 Artist Listings!, tom poe, 03/22/2004