community_studios - [Community_studios] Comment and question

community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of all things related to Public Domain

  • From: tom poe <tompoe AT amihost.com>
  • To: info AT truemajority.org
  • Cc: Community Studios <community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org>, Dan Burk <dburk AT mail.co.washoe.nv.us>
  • Subject: [Community_studios] Comment and question
  • Date: 20 Feb 2004 19:13:03 -0800

http://www.truemajority.org
Hello, Ben Cohen of Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream: Good work there, and hope
you keep it up. My comment is, we know that Australia has an Open
Source voting system in place, and it provides voters with public
scrutiny of the voting process. They believe in providing the voters
with public scrutiny of the voting system. We know that proprietary
voting systems, no matter how layered, or with printouts available,
defeat the purpose of the voting system. Why are you advocating such
systems? They literally remove the ability to subject the voting system
to public scrutiny, which results in our voters losing our right to
vote. I hope you will be adjusting your position and efforts to get the
crooks who are manipulating our voting system to change their tune, and
return the right to vote to the voters.
Tom Poe
Reno, NV

  • [Community_studios] Comment and question, tom poe, 02/20/2004