community_studios - Re: [Community_studios] some comments on

community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of all things related to Public Domain

  • From: tom poe <tompoe AT amihost.com>
  • To: Community Studios <community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Community_studios] some comments on
  • Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 21:20:33 -0000

Hi, George: Do you have a for-profit label for independent artists as a
business? I know you're considering a nonprofit community-based
recording studio. It's an ideal way to gain a semi-captured market by
helping the early stage artists get to a point they can then take the
next step and hook up with a management team through such a business.

If so, let the list know you're here, and what you're doing.

We also have a nonprofit project called, SONG STORM, and that launches
on the 15th of January. Check it out, and if you're able to spread the
word, we could use the publicity.

I forwarded one reply from Hinckley for your reading pleasure, then a
second one was received, but not worth replying to. This guy just
doesn't get it, even with the big crayolas. I guess I just don't speak
mainstream journalism right.
Tom