community_studios - [Community_studios] Re: Push begins for paper backups on new electronic voting machines

community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of all things related to Public Domain

  • From: tom poe <tompoe AT amihost.com>
  • To: SusanMarieWeber <susanmarieweber AT earthlink.net>
  • Cc: Community Studios <community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org>, Dan Burk <dburk AT mail.co.washoe.nv.us>
  • Subject: [Community_studios] Re: Push begins for paper backups on new electronic voting machines
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 22:04:13 -0000

Hi, Susan Marie Weber: This article from Florida about the 12 vote
fiasco makes me sick to my stomach. Nevada officials are also feeding
such double-speak of the term paper ballots; coopting and replacing with
paper backup, VVR, and the like.

Please do not permit this to happen. When you post anything, please
take the time to edit it and make sure that it does not use such tragic
substitutes for our precious "Paper Ballots". Readers become confused
and assume VVR, paper backup, and other crap terms mean paper ballot.

Oh, and thanks for the opportunity to once again copy an interesting
point to our state registrar.

How's the law suit progressing?
Open Studios
Reno, NV
http://www.studioforrecording.org/

  • [Community_studios] Re: Push begins for paper backups on new electronic voting machines, tom poe, 01/14/2004