community_studios - [Community_studios] RE: Article of Interest?

community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of all things related to Public Domain

  • From: tom poe <tompoe AT amihost.com>
  • To: Anatoly Volynets <av AT total-knowledge.com>
  • Cc: Community Studios <community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org>, Dan Burk <dburk AT mail.co.washoe.nv.us>
  • Subject: [Community_studios] RE: Article of Interest?
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 20:21:31 -0000

"Definition: [n] a small country (especially in Central America) that
is politically unstable and whose economy is dominated by foreign
companies and depends on one export (such as bananas)"

Hi, Anatoly: I want to thank you for commenting, even though this is an
off-topic thread. I, too, will leave this where it lay, and move on.
But, couldn't keep myself from posting this one thought.

Dan Burk, as Registrar for The State (we call Nevada, The State,
borrowed from the Cold War movies made by Hollywood), continues to
embarrass its citizens with outlandish statements as witnessed below.
Your connection to his isolated comments with the imagery of a banana
state is striking in its insight. Dan knows exactly what he and the
others on the Elections Advisory Commission are attempting to do.
Elimination of voters' right to vote is a long-sought goal, one that he
and the others apparently relish, and have looked forward to for years,
as the documentation demonstrates.

As this absurd effort moves towards the light of day, we'll see Dan, The
State's Attorney General, the Governor, and others on the Elections
Advisory Commission head for the hills to avoid being indicted for
attempting overthrow of our government, and the infamous labels attached
to such. "Self-humiliation" is much too kind a term to use with Burk.

Now, I shall return to what I should be doing, and work on the project
launch.
Happy Holidays,
Tom