community_studios - [Community_studios] Thank you for your report on e-voting issues

community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of all things related to Public Domain

  • From: tom poe <tompoe AT amihost.com>
  • To: riversidevoter AT yahoo.com
  • Subject: [Community_studios] Thank you for your report on e-voting issues
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 02:57:04 -0000

Hi, Jeremiah: Your name is interesting in an odd sort of way. Here's a
quote from Dan Burk, Registrar for Nevada, in a letter dated June 24,
2003, about DRE machines and HAVA issues:
"I do not agree with those who have become 'Jeremiads' regarding our
nation's attempt to modernize our systems for ballot tabulation."

Your report on e-voting issues is most important, and chronicled very
nicely.
http://www.exit.com/RiversideVoteTest/

I also appreciate your link to Martin Luther King's drive to petition
the Attorney General, John Ashcroft:
"We, the undersigned, demand security against the dangerous
"Florida-tion" of our nation’s voting methods through computerization of
voter rolls and ballots. Computers were part of the problem in Florida,
not the cure. We, the undersigned, hereby demand that NO voter be purged
from centralized voter rolls without proof positive that the voter is
ineligible. We also demand a halt to further computerization of
balloting until such methods are made unsusceptible to political
manipulation, fraud, and racial bias."
http://www.workingforchange.com/activism/petition.cfm?itemid=14993

I truly hope that Nevada voters do not lose their right to vote, simply
because those state officials and national organization leaders for our
state, along with news media editors, decide their livelihoods are more
important than citizens' freedoms and rights.

Reno, NV

  • [Community_studios] Thank you for your report on e-voting issues, tom poe, 10/21/2003