community_studios - [Community_studios] Re: polling data

community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of all things related to Public Domain

  • From: tom poe <tompoe AT amihost.com>
  • To: Tara Treasurefield <treasure AT sonic.net>
  • Cc: Community Studios <community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Community_studios] Re: polling data
  • Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2003 18:06:04 -0000

Wait! Let me get my aluminum hat on. Wait! I need the antennae.

OK. It's the suspicion that there might be a historical trend of note,
regarding polling, before and after (exit polling) that might be
interesting. I checked with a couple polling firms, but got no
response. Election polling and "surprising upsets" might be constant
across the decades, or it might be something recent, tied to the
machines nonsense. Couldn't get a handle on it. Of course, I don't
have the research skills like Dan does.

However, with the demise of NVS? as the exit polling experts, we are
left with nothing to compare elections results. Intriguing.

The next comment I made, was when the Gallup poll was so far removed
from the previous polls in CA recall. I mentioned that here was an
example of how to fine tune the election scam by covering for "surprise
upsets". Put one of those out each state, and the President walks away
clean. Governors walk away clean. For another example, the local
paper, the Reno Gazette Journal, or RGJ, won't even acknowledge repeated
attempts to get editorial comment in about the lack of audit capability
by independent and interested parties to an election, specifically,
review of the source code. Self censorship, I call it. This lack of
discussion in the mainstream media protects against the need to have
papers pose the question, and publish polls in the first instance.
Cute, eh?
Thanks,
Tom

On Thu, 2003-10-02 at 08:27, Tara Treasurefield wrote:
> I recall seeing some information in an email or two about manipulation of
> polling data, but I don't remember who sent it. Was it you, Tom? Or you,
> Dan?
>
> If so, is there any way to send it again?
>
> Best,
> Tara

  • [Community_studios] Re: polling data, tom poe, 10/02/2003