community_studios - [Community_studios] Re: [DMCA_Discuss] Digital Communism

community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of all things related to Public Domain

  • From: tom poe <tompoe AT ableweb.net>
  • To: "DMCA_Discuss AT lists.microshaft.org" <DMCA_Discuss AT lists.microshaft.org>
  • Cc: Community Studios <community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Community_studios] Re: [DMCA_Discuss] Digital Communism
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 03:47:17 -0000

Hi: This weekend, I participated in "shooting" a song that can now be:
1] A .ogg file on a website, registered with the Creative Commons
Project, and available for download for personal listening pleasure
2] A CD that has the song and video, registered with the Creative
Commons Project, and available for download for personal listening
pleasure
3] A CD/DVD package, registered with the Creative Commons Project, and
available for purchase for your multi-media library, all glitzy and
impressive-looking
4] A CD/DVD that can be delivered to all local access tv stations across
the country, and played repeatedly for viewers' pleasure
5] That same CD/DVD can be delivered to all public radio stations,
webcasters [those still surviving] for play on their stations

The equipment was donated, borrowed, and consisted of:
computer [low end]
software [Open Source/free software]
a microphone, speakers
a digital8 camera

That same equipment can make a 30 minute tv show, a show about why the
RIAA is not playing nice. With a little coordination, seems like a show
like that could get pretty good nationwide coverage. Does this sound
like a good project to anyone?
Open Studios
Reno, NV
http://www.studioforrecording.org/