community_studios - [Community_studios] Re: [DMCA_Discuss] The real issues!

community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of all things related to Public Domain

  • From: tom poe <tompoe AT ableweb.net>
  • To: "DMCA_Discuss AT lists.microshaft.org" <DMCA_Discuss AT lists.microshaft.org>
  • Cc: Community Studios <community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Community_studios] Re: [DMCA_Discuss] The real issues!
  • Date: Sat, 03 May 2003 19:05:03 -0000

Hi, Ken: Sounds like you're a good candidate for the "secret research"
-legislation-strategy-that-intends-to-control-all-technology-through-one
door-in-order-to-control-would-be-terrorists issue. :)

Just because we're a country that is being controlled by fiat through
executive orders, rather than congressional legislation, I don't think
we should overreact, here. After all, the Help America Vote Act enacted
in October of 2002, specifically calls for suspending paper ballots and
public scrutiny of election results until 2006. At that time, we can
have our paper ballots back, and public scrutiny if we want. Of course,
Bush and gang will have everything in place for the shift to a Republic,
as it should be [they think].
Open Studios
Reno, NV
http://www.studioforrecording.org/