community_studios - [Community_studios] Re: Tax Exempt App Approved

community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of all things related to Public Domain

  • From: Richard Stallman <rms AT gnu.org>
  • To: tompoe AT renonevada.net
  • Cc: community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Community_studios] Re: Tax Exempt App Approved
  • Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 23:52:04 -0500

Hi, Richard: I like that! Especially the phrase, "The value of free
software is free speech."

I think you have in mind what I said about the meaning of "free" in
"free software". It's the same as the meaning of "free" in "free
speech".

If you say "the value of free software", that tends to mean other
things, such as "the advantages of" or "the importance of".