community_studios - [Community_studios] [Fwd: On Tim Quirk]

community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of all things related to Public Domain

  • From: "tompoe AT renonevada.net" <tompoe AT renonevada.net>
  • To: community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Community_studios] [Fwd: On Tim Quirk]
  • Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2003 20:16:10 -0800

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: On Tim Quirk
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2003 20:15:30 -0800
From: "tompoe AT renonevada.net" <tompoe AT renonevada.net>
To: sivav AT pobox.com

Hi: Your posting of February 4, 2003, on Tim Quirk of the Wonderlicks
was most enlightening. Enjoyed it immensely.

I think it's important to mention that there is a school of thought,
that the Digital Age provides opportunities for, as Tim put it, "any
schmoe" can make a record, now. That, however, is a huge, huge, plus,
and those schmoes can work to improve and earn viable income while doing
so. It's a good thing.

The future of music, and the music industry, needs to recognize that
what will be, is a culture that begins with local talent, then regional
recognition, then national, then worldwide. It won't necessarily grow
in that order, but the point is, if local support is put in place,
communities can benefit from local artists, while local artists benefit
from the community support.

Imagine, a local musician, or band, having the support of a
community-based recording studio, a community-based support team for
developing marketing strategies, distribution, and merchandising access,
and over time, those relationships bring both increased revenues and
expanded markets to the community, as well as the artist. Not sure if I
have described this "future" very well, but essentially, I'm expressing
what is without doubt a positive and bright future for the arts culture
of our society.
Open Studios
Reno, NV
--
http://www.studioforrecording.org/
"There is no Public Domain unless we do it ourselves"

http://www.studioforrecording.org/
"There is no Public Domain unless we do it ourselves"
--
Please go to EFF.org page at http://www.eff.org
and register for the TAKE ACTION page.
If you can donate $5 to them, that'll help, too
--

  • [Community_studios] [Fwd: On Tim Quirk], tompoe AT renonevada.net, 02/04/2003