community_studios - [Community_studios] Re: Vote Machine Rigging Comment

community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of all things related to Public Domain

  • From: lisarein AT finetuning.com
  • To: tompoe AT renonevada.net
  • Cc: community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org, Heather Wincek <baskets AT myexcel.com>
  • Subject: [Community_studios] Re: Vote Machine Rigging Comment
  • Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 19:05:36 -0800

Hey thanks. Glad somebody was listening!

lisa

ps. yeah the jim gibbons thing IS freaky. keep that letter around, ok? I'm not sure what for yet...

thanks!

On Monday, February 3, 2003, at 10:28 PM, tompoe AT renonevada.net wrote:

Hi, Lisa: What a marvelous collection of articles and info on voting machines [http://onlisareinsradar.com/] for Feb 3, 2003. This is probably the scariest aspect of our society, yet. Well, maybe the letter from Jim Gibbons, Republican Congressman from Nevada, that I received today comes close. But first, the vote machine.

It seems from skimming the articles, that vote rigging is a given at this point, unless they institute printout ballots reviewed by the voter, first? Anything less is disaster? Or, what?

Now, Jim Boy sent me a letter stating his thanks for my EFF.org concern letter about the Poindexter TIA fiasco. He wanted me to know the TIA is a good thing, and that they are testing now to make sure citizens' privacy concerns are protected.

Open Studios
Reno, NV
--
http://www.studioforrecording.org/
"There is no Public Domain unless we do it ourselves"