community_studios - Re: [Community_studios] Keep on doing great things !!!

community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of all things related to Public Domain

  • From: tom poe <tompoe AT renonevada.net>
  • To: community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Community_studios] Keep on doing great things !!!
  • Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 10:53:21 -0700

Hi: Check this site out:
http://djvu.research.att.com/open/
The DjVu Reference Library 3.0

Code and more information are available at:
http://lizardtech.com/products/djvu/referencelibrary/DjVuRefLib_3.0.html.

Click here to register for the DjVu Open Source List Serve.

The DjVu Reference Library 3.0 contains the complete source code of decoders,
simple versions of the encoder, and several utilities. A complete C++ class
hierarchy is provided. "With this source code release, developers around the
world have permanent access to the DjVu specification, as well as critical
parts of the technology. (...) LizardTech's Open Source release of the DjVu
Reference Libraries should address any reservations DjVu users or potential
users might have about committing to a proprietary file format to archive,
display or use their documents on the Internet or internal networks because
it guarantees that users will always be able to access their DjVu files,
protecting their investment in the technology and systems that use it."The