community_studios - [Community_studios] Re: Unified Front... [was Re: [seul-edu] M$ Audits (shortened)]

community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of all things related to Public Domain

  • From: tom poe <tompoe AT renonevada.net>
  • To: seul-edu AT seul.org, "Stephen C. Daukas" <stephen AT daukas.com>
  • Cc: "CommStudios" <community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org>, "Reno_Perl_Group" <renotahoe-pm AT pm.org>
  • Subject: [Community_studios] Re: Unified Front... [was Re: [seul-edu] M$ Audits (shortened)]
  • Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 12:40:11 -0700

On Wednesday 24 April 2002 12:04, Stephen C. Daukas wrote:
- - -snip - - -
> This is what I mean by a "packaged" solution - an identified list that
> satisfies the above goals. If we could do that, then we would be in a much
> better position to support (via grass roots efforts) a district willing to
> blaze the trail.
>
> > The school district needs
> >to do a reasoned analysis before deciding to undertake such a large-scale
> >conversion.
>
> But if there were such a "packaged" offering, it would make their lives a
> hell of a lot easier!
- - - snip - - -

Hi: This exchange was most interesting. Steve and so many others need a
"model". http://dot.kde.org/1015251670/ describes the one chosen by and used
with Melbourne, Florida's switch to linux. Do we have a consensus that
possibly something close to this, say, in a two or three computer "Demo"
setup that I, or anyone could haul over to a school, set on the table, and
say, evaluate the potential of this as a network solution? Now, we would
have something that every LUG could put together, and pass around to
organizations and schools to try out. If we build such a "Demo", then people
know what to ask for, when they read something like "SEUL.ORG recommends a
school network solution starting with this whatever setup".
Reno, NV
http://www.studioforrecording.org/
http://www.ibiblio.org/studioforrecording/
http://renotahoe.pm.org/