chtechcomm - [Chtechcomm] Granicus not a good solution

chtechcomm AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Chapel Hill Technology Advisory Committee

  • From: chtechboard AT willraymond.org
  • To: "Chapel Hill Information Technology Advisory Committee" <chtechcomm AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: Chapel Hill Information Technology Advisory Committee <chtechcomm AT lists.ibiblio.org>, davelogan AT ix.netcom.com
  • Subject: [Chtechcomm] Granicus not a good solution
  • Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 08:33:10 -0800 (PST)

Hey guys,

I think we'd do much better going with open source, non-proprietary solutions
like UNC's Open Video Project which will cost quite a bit less, is dedicated
to open formats that'll stand the test of time and are modifiable for
any of our Town's unique needs.

Besides Granicus' exclusive use of Windows Media Player 9 for playback,
they appear to hold your content "in trust" as part of the package.

Will