chtechcomm - [Chtechcomm] (resend) Requirements info for the CH muni wireless project?

chtechcomm AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Chapel Hill Technology Advisory Committee

  • From: "Dave Logan" <davelogan AT ix.netcom.com>
  • To: "'Chapel Hill Information Technology Advisory Committee'" <chtechcomm AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Chtechcomm] (resend) Requirements info for the CH muni wireless project?
  • Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 11:00:05 -0500

(resend)

Folks,

Terri and/or Gregg may have mentioned me last night during your meeting - my
name is Dave Logan. I am interested in getting involved in the CH Tech
Committee for the purpose of (at minimum) providing my expertise in the
consideration/design/build-out of the CH Muni WiFi net. I DO plan to attend
next months meeting.

In the meantime ...

Has there been a list of requirements, goals, non-goals developed for the
muni WiFi net? Any documentation like a project plan or a master set of
issues/questions to tackle? Anything that can be shared at this time? If
there is an oral history as opposed to share-able written documentation, I
would be glad to meet with participatory individuals to learn the questions
and decisions of the moment.

Thanks
-- Dave Logan

Full Disclosure: I am the VP of Products for a WiFI gear developer called
Ruckus Wireless that will be offering a Metro WiFi CPE device beginning next
year. However, my motives for getting involved strictly relate to being a
resident of Chapel Hill for 15+ years, being a volunteer in the community
for the same period and wanting to provide my specialized skills and
knowledge to the community. :^)