chtechcomm - Re: [Chtechcomm] Corpus Christi Muni-Cloud

chtechcomm AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Chapel Hill Technology Advisory Committee

  • From: Terri Buckner <tbuckner AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: chtechcomm AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Chtechcomm] Corpus Christi Muni-Cloud
  • Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 09:00:35 -0400

Thanks Will. I don't recall that we have ever had a substantive discussion about all the ways in which wifi can be used around town. These uses could also bring in additional funding partners.

Wifi and meter reading: http://www.tropos.com/applications/WMR.html

Wifi and parking meters: http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/front/3243684

Wifi and bus routes:
http://muniwireless.com/applications/448

Wifi and real estate sales:
http://www.hp.com/sbso/solutions/real/ei_starbucks.html

I'm sure there are many more applications.

Terri

Will R wrote:

CC is using a mix of WiMax, Wifi and fibre for their cloud. An interesting
cost
driver is the savings in reading gas and electric meters.

That aside, I've included the article mainly because it shows a stoplight
mounted
unit.

http://www.joejava.com/citychristeneddigital.htm

Will