chpac-staff - [Chpac-staff] CHPAC agenda item

  • From: Jeff York <jyork AT townofchapelhill.org>
  • To: "chpac-staff AT lists.ibiblio.org" <chpac-staff AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: Sally Greene <sally AT ibiblio.org>, penny rich <pennyrich.ch AT gmail.com>
  • Subject: [Chpac-staff] CHPAC agenda item
  • Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 12:50:27 -0400

CHPAC members and Council Liaisons,

Attached is the agenda item that will be submitted for Council information and discussion on April 25th concerning CHPAC’s report to Council on the public input for uses for 523 E. Franklin St. building, the current uses of the building and CHPAC’s recommendations for the building serving as a base of operation for a cultural arts program.  Council is not being asked to vote on a resolution or the funding of the facility, rather to receive the report, endorse the CHPAC concept statement and refer the report to the Manager for inclusion in budget discussions.  The agenda item consists of the following documents.  An agenda cover sheet, a Manager’s memo, a list of public comments on 523 uses, an updated schedule of activities and events at 523 and the CHPAC concept statement.

I ask that you be present at the April 25th Council meeting, if at all possible.  Jerry will serve as spokesperson to present the item.  You as commissioners may sign up to address Council on the matter.  It would be nice if a few commissioners would say a few brief remarks about the concept statement.  This is perhaps one of the most important activities CHPAC has participated in since the drafting of the Contextual Art Plan and will affect how we do business in the near and far future.

Please call me if you have any questions.   jy

Jeffrey J. York
Cultural & Public Arts Administrator
Cultural Arts Division
Parks & Recreaction Department
Town of Chapel Hill
405 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd
Chapel Hill, NC 27514-5705

Phone: (919) 968-2750
Fax: (919) 969-2063

  • [Chpac-staff] CHPAC agenda item, Jeff York, 04/15/2011