chpac-staff - [Chpac-staff] Executive Committee opening. Please read!

  • From: erica rothman <erothman AT mindspring.com>
  • To: chpac <chpac-staff AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Chpac-staff] Executive Committee opening. Please read!
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 16:36:01 -0500

Hi all,

As you know, Dick has stepped down as Chair and that leaves a vacancy on the Executive Committee. The Nominations Committee has been asked to put out a request for nominations to fill the 4th EC position, so that we can have a vote tomorrow evening.

Please let me know by about noon tomorrow if you would like to nominate yourself for the position. If you would like to nominate someone else, please make every attempt to talk with him or her by noon tomorrow and let me know if he/she would like to be considered. If necessary we will, of course, take names from the floor.

The Executive Committee's major task is to prepare the agenda for the full Commission meeting. The EC reviews issues that have come to the Commission (could be administrative and/or procedural) that relate to the Town and the Commission at large. The EC discusses these agenda items in a way that will help the Commission focus for discussion. The EC does not make policy decisions.

Since we are going through a transition now --and we don't know how "permanent" much of anything is at the moment -- this EC position will not have a "title" per se (e.g. not "Vice Chair" or another title.) This is an opportunity for someone who would like to process issues for the full commission to consider and who is interested in trying on something new!

Thanks for your consideration.

Erica

  • [Chpac-staff] Executive Committee opening. Please read!, erica rothman, 01/08/2008