chpac-staff - [Chpac-staff] Priorities Memo

  • From: Janet Kagan <jkagan AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "Steve Wright" <swright AT townofchapelhill.org>
  • Cc: chpac-staff AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Chpac-staff] Priorities Memo
  • Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 10:47:41 -0500

Greetings CHPAC

I hope each of you enjoyed a lovely Thanksgiving holiday.

I am disappointed that during the past year there has been little effort made at Commission meetings to actually discuss issues of public art in Chapel Hill, including program evaluation and our aspirations for projects and enhanced programming, all of which were explored at our last retreat.  When decisions are made among members of the Executive Committee there is not much room for dialogue with the rest of us.  In retrospect, we should have spent 30 minutes at the November meeting drafting this budget memo rather than looking at the work associated with the CHPAC identity campaign (because this project will be on hold for a while.)

Regardless of which entity current Commissioners may choose to serve, I vote to hold the budget memo until the December CHPAC meeting.

All best

Janet