chpac-staff - [Chpac-staff] Percent for Art

  • From: "Kate Flory" <kflory AT townofchapelhill.org>
  • To: <chpac-staff AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Chpac-staff] Percent for Art
  • Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 09:48:44 -0400

Hello CHPAC,

At a meeting earlier this week, the Percent for Art committee discussed the Greenways Percent for Art project.  As a first step to help us craft the call to artists for this project, the committee has decided to send out a request to the community for general feedback on the Town’s Greenways Trails.  Below you will find the text that will be distributed to local media, listservs, etc. during the first week of October.

Kate

Through the Town of Chapel Hill’s Percent for Art Ordinance, the Chapel Hill Public Arts Commission is beginning work on a public art project in conjunction with the expansion of the Town’s Greenway Trails. As a starting point for this project, we would like your input. Please contact us by Friday, October 20 with your thoughts on how to enhance the experience of our Greenways. Please submit your comments by email:  info AT chapelhillarts.org; by post:  405 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd. Chapel Hill, NC 27514, Attn: Chapel Hill Public Arts Commission; or by phone:  919-968-2888, Extension 377.  Thank you for your contribution to improving our Town's quality of life through the arts.

Kate Billings Flory

Executive Director

Chapel Hill Public Arts Commission

405 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.

Chapel Hill, NC  27514

T: 919.968.2888, x377

F: 919.969.2063

E: kflory AT townofchapelhill.org

www.chapelhillarts.org

  • [Chpac-staff] Percent for Art, Kate Flory, 09/21/2006