chpac-staff - [Chpac-staff] Americans for the Arts Invites You to Celebrate National Arts and Humanities Month

  • From: Janet Kagan <jkagan AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: chpac-staff AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Chpac-staff] Americans for the Arts Invites You to Celebrate National Arts and Humanities Month
  • Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 21:09:58 -0400

CHPAC

I thought I would pass this along to you in the event that we would like to ask the Town Council to recognize a particular project or program of the CHPAC during the month of October.  There is a "proclamation" (see below) that we could ask the Council to make....

Very best

Janet

Americans for the Arts

Celebrate National Arts and Humanities Month

October is National Arts and Humanities Month (NAHM)—our shared opportunity to show how the arts bring cultural richness and vitality to communities nationwide. We hope you'll join us and arts leaders across the country in this monthlong celebration by planning activities to showcase the arts in your area. The NAHM website is your source for tips and ideas on how to demonstrate the impact of the arts and humanities in your community.

Americans for the Arts Events
Throughout October, Americans for the Arts is holding creative conversations (ccs) for emerging arts leaders across the country. Now in its third year, more than 1,000 emerging arts leaders have participated in locally hosted ccs that have fostered ongoing dialogue and networking. We'll also be holding the annual National Arts Awards in New York City on October 16, where we'll honor cultural, corporate, and artistic leaders for their contributions to the arts in America. The MetLife National Arts Forums Series will begin again in October, where local leaders will hold public conversations in 20 cities throughout the country exploring the intersection of arts and business.

NAHM Proclamations
Continue your planning with the exclusive NAHM tool kit, available online, and encourage local public officials to support the arts by signing a NAHM proclamation. Send your signed proclamation to nahm AT artsusa.org, and we'll  post it on the Internet.

Event Calendar
Be sure to send us information on any activities going on in your community this October. We will include them on the NAHM events calendar. Posting events on the calendar is not only free, but also a great way to increase awareness among members of your community, as well as potential visitors, about how you are celebrating NAHM. The NAHM events calendar is also a way to demonstrate the volume of activities taking place across the county in honor of this special month.

NAHM Partners
Organizations across the country are celebrating NAHM with numerous opportunities for you to get involved. The Foundation Center is holding workshops throughout October for its fifth annual Funding for Arts Month for grantseekers, grantmakers, and the entire arts community. Join the National PTA for its first annual Start the Art week, October 9–13, and advocate for arts education.

National Arts and Humanities Month encourages every American to experience the arts this October—whether it's attending the theater or other cultural events, taking a ceramics or dance class, or singing songs with your kids. Please join Americans for the Arts in recognizing this special month.

1000 Vermont Avenue NW · 6th Floor
Washington DC · 20005
T 202.371.2830
F 202.371.0424
One East 53rd Street · 2nd Floor
New York NY · 10022
T 212.223.2787
F 212.980.4857
Forward to a friend
info AT artsusa.org
www.AmericansForTheArts.org
Unsubscribe here

  • [Chpac-staff] Americans for the Arts Invites You to Celebrate National Arts and Humanities Month, Janet Kagan, 09/26/2006