chpac-staff - [Chpac-staff] CHPAC February Meeting

  • From: "Kate Billings" <kbillings AT townofchapelhill.org>
  • To: <chpac-staff AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Chpac-staff] CHPAC February Meeting
  • Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 16:00:39 -0500

Hello CHPAC,

I look forward to seeing all of you at our monthly meeting on Wednesday, February 18 at 5:00 p.m. in the first floor conference room at Town Hall.  Please note the change in meeting time – Based on a vote at our January meeting, the monthly meetings are now scheduled for 5:00 - 7:00 p.m. (it was decided that we could give this timing a try and discuss it again in six months).  Please be sure to let me know if you will not be able to attend the meeting.

This is also the first month that we are trying out our new system of having committee reports and announcements emailed as attachments in advance of the meeting, however… the system is not yet perfect!!  In the future, Committee Chairs will need to email their Committee Reports to me, and all Commission members will need to email their announcements to me, by noon the Wednesday before our meeting.

Attached you will find the meeting agenda, a draft of a proposed CHPAC job description and questionnaire, as well as committee reports from the SculptureVisions, Self Portrait Project, and Strategic Master Planning committees.  We are still waiting for a few reports that should be emailed to you on Monday.

In order for this new system to be successful, it is imperative that reports get to me on time and that each of you read through all of the materials prior to the meeting.

And finally, one last item: As you know the CHPAC was supposed to present its budget proposal to Council on Wednesday, February 11, however, due to several Town Council members needing to leave the work session early, our presentation was moved to Wednesday, February 18 at approximately 8:30 p.m.  (i.e. after our monthly meeting).  It would be absolutely wonderful if you could plan to stay and attend the presentation and show your support of the CHPAC.  (We were all inspired when the entire Bike and Ped Board showed up for their presentation!!)

Okay, that’s all for now!  Thank you and let me know if you have any questions at all.

Best,

Kate

Kate Billings

Chapel Hill Public Arts Commission