ch-scene - [Internationalist] Join us for a Street Fair Fundraiser and Sustainer Drive Raffle July 25th!

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: internationalistbooks AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Internationalist] Join us for a Street Fair Fundraiser and Sustainer Drive Raffle July 25th!
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2015 12:27:11 -0400

Hello all!

This time a year ago, we were packing up on Franklin Street and making a big leap of faith to move to Carrboro. Almost a year in to being open on Lloyd Street, we see every day why this was the right choice - we've had a huge increase in the use of our community meeting space, a ton of exciting events that we wouldn't have had space for before, and a huge committed crew of volunteers bringing new ideas and new energy to the space every day.

As many of you know, the summer months have often been a hard time financially for the bookstore. The lull in business and the flux of volunteer schedules can often be a challenge. This summer, in our beautiful new space, we've been busy with multiple projects and groups, new books by local authors, and a thriving volunteer collective scheming up ways to bring folks in to the shop and to have fun doing it. Despite this, the financial strain of low summer sales is still a concern. So now is a great time to support this community project with the funds we need to keep going strong!

Our collective is hosting a street fair style fundraiser this Saturday, called Busking for the Bookstore. You can find more info at the Facebook event here: https://www.facebook.com/events/775266059260387/

From 6 - 9 we'll have musicians, performers, and art. Drop in and spend some time, and bring donations to help the bookstore weather the hard summer months and head into the fall able to keep growing!

We'll also be hosting a sustainer drive during this event. A variety of local artists and businesses have donated awesome items to really cool prize packs that are up for a raffle that you will join if you become an Internationalist Books & Community Center Sustainer, or if you increase or renew your sustaining membership.

If you can't make the event, you can still enter the raffle! All sustainers that sign up between now and midnight on July 25th will be entered into the raffle as well. Sign up at http://www.internationalistbooks.org/become-a-sustainer/

With lots of love,

The collective at Internationalist Books & Community Center
---

Unsubscribe or update your subscription information here: