ch-scene - [Internationalist] Internationalist Books and Community Center is Moving!

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: internationalistbooks AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Internationalist] Internationalist Books and Community Center is Moving!
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 20:16:23 -0400

Dear friends and members,

We have big news! After nearly 20 years at our current location on Franklin St, Internationalist Books and Community Center will be moving. An opportunity presented itself this past week that the Manager and Board of Directors had to act on quickly. While things feel like they're happening very fast, we feel confident that this is the best decision we can make for the project. We look forward to sharing more about this in the coming weeks, but wanted to tell our membership as soon as the decision was final. Stay tuned for updates and more information about this exciting next chapter in the long life of Internationalist Books and Community Center.

Right now, we are excited to start the fundraising we will need to make this successful. Please share this news widely, and help us let folks know that there are many ways to help and contribute to this exciting move. If you are excited about helping with fundraising strategy or would be excited about hosting a benefit for us, please be in touch. We'll be sending more information about our new location, fundraising, workdays to move into the new space, and wishlists for materials and furniture soon. We look forward to tackling the logistical aspects of moving together, and calling for time to gather as a community to vision what this move can mean for our work and how to expand and thrive.

In the meantime, check out this post on our website for information about ways to contribute financially online:

Internationalist Books and Community Center is Moving! <http://www.internationalistbooks.org/2014/07/22/internationalist-books-and-community-center-is-moving/>

With great love and great excitement,

all of us at Internationalist Books and Community Center

---
protection is active.
---

Unsubscribe or update your subscription information here: