ch-scene - This Sunday 9/15 -- Boom Boom Kid, No Love at the Nightlight

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Dave Yarwood <dave.yarwood AT gmail.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: This Sunday 9/15 -- Boom Boom Kid, No Love at the Nightlight
  • Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 15:16:40 -0400

Hey everyone - if you're looking for something fun to do on Sunday night,
come see Boom Boom Kid at the Nightlight! (I really didn't intend for that
to rhyme. Oof!)

In case you haven't heard of Boom Boom Kid, they're a fast, high-energy,
high-voiced hardcore/pop punk band from Argentina, and they're awesome.
They've been around since 2000 and are apparently pretty big in their neck
of the woods. I hear they really deliver with their live show, and that the
singer has a penchant for jumping around a lot and riding a guitar case
while crowdsurfing. Did I mention they're from Argentina!?
http://boomboomkid.bandcamp.com/album/smiles-from-chappanoland

My band No Love (Raleigh) opens. We're a newer band that includes
ex-members of such recent Raleigh punk bands as Devour, Infección, Logic
Problem and Antibubbles. We play fast, 90's-style pop punk (Lookout!
records, etc.) with some artsier elements of 70's punk and power pop,
fronted by a girl who sings more in the riot grrl tradition of bands like
Bratmobile and Bikini Kill. I think we're pretty good. We have a demo tape
you can listen to and download here for free:
http://noloveraleigh.bandcamp.com

+1 TBA, potentially, but maybe just the 2 bands

Anyway, check it out if you're into this kinda thing! Should be a fun show.

Sunday, September 15 @ the Nightlight
405 1/2 W Rosemary St, Chapel Hill

Show starts at 9ish
$7 at the door
ALL AGES

  • This Sunday 9/15 -- Boom Boom Kid, No Love at the Nightlight, Dave Yarwood, 09/12/2013