ch-scene - Paperhand Presents INVISIBLE EARTH!

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Donovan Zimmerman" <donovan AT paperhand.org>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Paperhand Presents INVISIBLE EARTH!
  • Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2013 22:11:21 -0400

If you can't see this message please use this link:
http://app.scsend.net/?q=email/view&group_idno=5891344&outgoing_idno=6196905&email_idno=843

INVISIBLE EARTH
Our 14th Annual Summer Spectacle!
A paradoxical pageant of hope, impending doom and planetary possibilities.
The Monkeys of the Modern World, explore the workings of the world and ask;
What is our nature? Are we creators or buffoons? Are we evolving?  The great
unfolding mystery of the Invisible Earth is upon us!  Featuring the Dance of
Domestication and a cast of goats, chickens, pigs and trilobites.  New this
year, music created by critically acclaimed composer Ari Picker of Lost in
the Trees and an all new Paperhand band. Join us for an evening of
exploration, enchantment, and ancient creatures!

Aug 9-Sept 1 at The Forest Theatre
Sept 13-15 at The NC Museum of Art

Volunteer Opportunities!

There are so many ways you can be a part of making this year's show a
success.  If you are interested in helping out in any of these ways please
let us know by contacting Lawruh at lalalawruh AT gmail.com!
*Help Us Build!
We are so fortunate to have so many hands help us early in the summer at our
community workdays, we have made so much progress!  Currently we are seeking
help from folks with painting and/or sewing skills to help us put the
finishing touches on the puppets and costumes needed for this year's
production.
*Help At The Door!
Each year we need help from 3-4 volunteers each night at the door to help
take admission, sell merch and answer questions as folks come in.  This is a
great way to be a part of the show and help make sure everything runs
smoothly.  Contact Sue at susan.zimmerman620 AT gmail.com if you are interested
in helping at the door.
*Help Us Perform!
This year we are looking for 6 volunteer performers for each weekend.
Volunteer performers come early on Friday night to learn their parts in the
show and then commit to performing in all shows for that weekend.  We are
looking for 4 adult performers and 2 youth performers age 11+ excited about
the idea of bringing puppets to life with us on stage!
*Help Spread the Word!
Share information about the show on your facebook, twitter, instagram or
other social media avenues.  Help us take fliers around to local events and
businesses.  Make sure your friends know about the show!

Paperhand Exhibit at The ArtsCenter
Don't miss our exhibit of puppets from City of Frogs up at The ArtsCenter
now.  Get up close and personal with the puppets large and small used in our
shows last year!
Visit www.paperhand.org http://www.paperhand.org for more!

Paperhand Puppet Intervention | 6530 Whitney Rd, | Graham NC | 27253 US