ch-scene - [Internationalist] A Puppet Show, Slingshot Organizers, and a March!

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: internationalistbooks AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Internationalist] A Puppet Show, Slingshot Organizers, and a March!
  • Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 17:32:41 -0400

Dear Members,

We are excited to announce that we just got in our
shipment of 2013 organizers! By far the most popular way for activists
and radicals to stay organized, the Slingshot 2013 organizers are here,
complete with mini-calendar, daybook planner, address book section,
international radical contact list, and nifty "what happened on this
day" notes scattered throughout. The artwork, as ever, is wonderful in a
chaotic punk rock way. Also, we have a few left of the "We Are Many"
book, which is a collection of reflections on movement strategy.

Also,
here is some coverage of what happened after Earth First's Action Camp
last
weekend!
http://croatanearthfirst.com/2012/10/22/croatan-earth-first-locks-down-nc-denr-for-complicity-in-fracking/
Good
job Earth First!, let's keep our water frack free!

And here is a
report back from the Prison Books Collective's "ALL HANDS ON DECK" work
day.
http://prisonbooks.info/2012/10/15/reportback-from-all-hands-on-deck-workday/

THE
EVENTS!

THURSDAY (TONIGHT!) SCREENING OF "SLUDGE DIET" 7PM @
Internationalist Books Sludge, what the industry calls "bio-solids," has
been sprayed on local farm fields and used as fertilizer for decades.
Members of The Sewage Sludge Action Network will show the film "Sludge
Diet" and a locally-produced 17-minute documentary on Orange County
sludge practices.
Myra Dotson, founder of SSAN, will lead a discussion
after the film.
http://sewagesludgeactionnetwork.com/

SATURDAY, OCTOBER
27TH, COP WATCH MEETING @ Internationalist Books Law enforcement has a
long history of excess, misconduct, and brutality. Even right here in
the Triangle, the Police regularly bend and break the rules they are
supposedly responsible for enforcing. We the people do not have many
tools to fight back. One thing we do have is solidarity. If we hold
hands as one against the Police's malpractice, we are far stronger then
if we fight them alone.

SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 3RD 2PM-CARRBORO'S WORLD
FAMOUS REALLY REALLY FREE MARKET

Carrboro Town Commons - This month
will feature the latest performance from The Mysterious Rabbit Puppet
Army!

Food! Books! Clothing! Music! Haircuts! Puppets! Ballot Box
PiƱata! Winter Coats! For Free!

Because sharing is more fulfilling
than owning
Because corporations would rather the landfills overflow
than anyone get anything for free
Because no one should have to do
without food, shelter, entertainment, and community
Because life should
be a picnic, but it only will be if we make it happen
BECAUSE HELPING
EACH OTHER IS BETTER THAN COMPETING OVER WHICH RICH MAN SHOULD RULE OVER
US
http://mrpuppetarmy.wordpress.com/
SATURDAY NOVEMBER 3RD, AT
4:00PM, there is a march from the Carrboro Town commons to Abbey Court,
where there will be a rally and a neighborhood meeting to decide further
action. Abbey court apartments in Carrboro was recently bought and
renamed Collins Crossing. The old owners were less then
wonderful--constant towing, terrible property condition, etc., and the
new owners are even worse. They intend to raise the rent %140 percent to
$720 for a two-bedroom apartment. There is nowhere in Carrboro for the
poor population to move if they are evicted, and they will be evicted if
they cannot afford the rent. From one resident- _"I will not leave Abbey
Court without a fight, nor will many of the other residents. And I hope
you will stand with us and march to demand a stop to this unabashed
gentrification."_

Solidarity,
Internationalist Books and Community
Center

---

Unsubscribe or update your subscription information here: