ch-scene - [Internationalist] Fwd: [ibooks-volunteers] iBooks *Events* for May-Early June

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: internationalistbooks AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Internationalist] Fwd: [ibooks-volunteers] iBooks *Events* for May-Early June
  • Date: Sat, 26 May 2012 19:28:15 -0400

-------- Original Message --------

SUBJECT:

[ibooks-volunteers] iBooks *Events* for May-Early June

DATE:

Sat, 26 May 2012 19:25:56 -0400

FROM:

ibooks AT internationalistbooks.org

TO:

Punks Show! :Sunday, May 27th
at 8:30pm

FLEX YOUR HEAD (straightedge hardcore from ATL)
Kaspar
Hauser (Hopeless powerviolence from GSO)
SIBANNAC (ska influenced
Ultrapunk from Chapel hill)
(the bands are requesting $3-5)

Middle
East Dialogue Group : Monday, May 28th at 8:00pm

Come out this Monday
and engage in a respectful dialogue focusing on Israel and Palestine.
This week we will, in particular, be looking at our viewpoints of this
tense and complex conflict that leaves many innocent people unheard,
unrecognized, without life. Come and exchange your experiences,
knowledge, and passions, and know that they will be fully supported and
heard. Engage with viewpoints that differ (however strongly) from your
own, learn from them, question them. In the course of the conversation,
we will disagree, but at the end of the night, we will be better
understood in our positions.

Earth First! Reading Group: Against
Civilization : Wednesday, June 6th at 7:00pm

"Read it and you will
never think of civilization in the same way again."--Kirkpatrick Sale

This anthology about "the pathology of civilization" offers insight into
how progress and technology have led to emptiness and alienation.
Link
to photo of book and more details:
http://www.amazon.com/Against-Civilization-Reflections-John-Zerzan/dp/0922915989
[1]
-http://croatanearthfirst.wordpress.com/ [2]

Really Really Free
Punk Show! :Saturday June 16th at 9:00pm

"Come out and show some love
for yaboys the Hissy Fits and SiBANNAC! The show's gonna be off the
chain, so I hope to see everyone there!! Much love! ♥ "-Adam Fenton of
the the Hissy Fits
P.S. Make sure to check out the bands at
https://www.facebook.com/thehissyfitsband [3] and
https://www.facebook.com/420sibannac [4]

Dirty Fist! and Shadow Puppet
Troupe :Monday, June 18th at 7pm

Come see a puppet show and listen to
folk punk!
Dirty Fist! is a 5 piece queer/woman fronted
folk punk band
(listen to them at: dirtyfist.net)
The Many Furs Puppet Troupe is a
one woman shadow/ puppet show from Gainesville FL.

Deep Green
Resistance Road Show :Saturday, June 23rd at 7:00pm

Do you see the
dire nature of the current environmental predicament? Do you feel the
crushing imperative to alter the destructive course of industrial
civilization before it's too late?
Deep Green Resistance presents A
Culture of Resistance Roadshow. The Roadshow features a program put on
by a traveling group of activists from the environmental and social
justice organization Deep Green Resistance (DGR). DGR recognizes that
the current structure of society--industrial civilization--is
fundamentally unsustainable, and that no degree of small-scale remedial
actions will stop the systematic destruction of the natural world. The
Roadshow workshop will cover the inability of current efforts to truly
address the fundamental contradictions of our modern struggles, and
present concrete steps to an equitable, thriving future. This program is
intended as a practical guide to effective activism, and will leave
attendees feeling empowered to shift the course of history at this most
critical juncture. There will be music, art, and informative
presentations that will give activists the tools they need to make a
difference in this struggle.
Join us in saying "No more ineffective
activism!"

Links:
------
[1]
http://www.amazon.com/Against-Civilization-Reflections-John-Zerzan/dp/0922915989
[2]
http://croatanearthfirst.wordpress.com/
[3]
https://www.facebook.com/thehissyfitsband
[4]
https://www.facebook.com/420sibannac

----

To unsubscribe or change your delivery options, please visit
http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/ibooks-volunteers/
---

Unsubscribe or update your subscription information here: