ch-scene - [Internationalist] Mid-East Dialogue

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: internationalistbooks AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Internationalist] Mid-East Dialogue
  • Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 21:43:16 -0400

Hey all,

I sent this email on May 4th, but it seems that it didn't get sent out. I'm
going to try sending it again. *crosses fingers*

I wanted to quickly plug the Middle East dialogue event I'm running at the
bookstore TOMORROW night at 8 PM. We will start our first dialogue on what
you think US foreign policy should be in the Middle East. This dialogue, at
its root, will focus on the ability for us to communicate our experiences
in a noncombative and empathetic way, so as to better understand another's
experience of our concept of conflict in human life. The event will be
structured along a communication agreement before the dialogue that will
ensure all who attend to speak their piece, and will ensure others engage
with this perspective from the intention of curiosity, and allow each
person to undergo their own learning process. This week's theme is in line
with our election season: your viewpoint on what US foreign policy in the
Middle East (in general-- specifics will come in future sessions) should
be. Contact me at hasan.bhatti327 AT gmail.com for any questions, comments or
concerns regarding the event; I am eager to hear them! I hope you join me
in beginning to see diverging multi-layered human experiences as a function
of stronger unity.

Hope to see you there-- I promise somersaults (crackers made out of
seeds!), lentil chips, and goat cheese, courtesy of Whole Foods Market.

Keep being beautiful!

--
Hasan Bhatti
AVODAH: The Jewish Service Corps Fellow '10-'11