ch-scene - [Internationalist] Middle East Dialogue Event: Tuesday, May 8th at 8:00 PM

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: internationalistbooks AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Internationalist] Middle East Dialogue Event: Tuesday, May 8th at 8:00 PM
  • Date: Fri, 4 May 2012 21:25:59 -0400

Hey all,

I wanted to quickly plug the Middle East dialogue event I'm running at the
bookstore this upcoming Tuesday night at 8 PM. We will start our first
dialogue on what you think US foreign policy should be in the Middle East.
This dialogue, at its root, will focus on the ability for us to communicate
our experiences in a noncombative and empathetic way, so as to better
understand another's experience of our concept of conflict in human life.
The event will be structured along a communication agreement before the
dialogue that will ensure all who attend to speak their piece, and will
ensure others engage with this perspective from the intention of curiosity,
and allow each person to undergo their own learning process. This week's
theme: your viewpoints on what US foreign policy in the Middle East should
be. Contact me at hasan.bhatti327 AT gmail.com for any questions, comments or
concerns regarding the event; I am eager to hear them! I hope you join me
in beginning to see diverging multi-layered human experiences as a function
of stronger unity.

Hope to see you there-- I promise kale chips, go raw seedy cakes, rice
cakes, and goat cheese, courtesy of Whole Foods Market.

Keep being beautiful!

--
Hasan Bhatti
AVODAH: The Jewish Service Corps Fellow '10-'11