ch-scene - Letha and Dan Melchior need your help!

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Julianna Thomas <giuliannathomas AT gmail.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Letha and Dan Melchior need your help!
  • Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 18:55:38 -0000

Hi,

This is my first email to the list despite lurking on here for a few years
now.

If you like Dan Melchior und Das Menace, you probably know that Dan's wife
Letha (who is Das Menace, basically, as well a former member of Ruby Falls
and the once-mysterious person behind audio collage project Tretetam) has
been battling cancer for a while. They have both lost their jobs and are
struggling to pay for Letha's treatments --

"Hello Friends -
If there's anyone out there who plays in a band or promotes shows, and
feels that they would like to be involved in a benefit to help my wife
Letha Rodman Melchior and I, with her cancer fund we would be extremely
grateful. Her insurance his running out on Dec 1st, and we are being faced
with a $5000 deductible. She has already had to have hundreds of thousands
of dollars worth of treatment, and it is only due to the kindness of the
music community and other friends that we have been able to keep going.
I hate to ask for help this way, but friends like Brian Turner, Tom Lax,
Scott Soriano, Larry Hardy and others have been so generous and active in
the past, I feel that it's time that I try and get something going myself.
Thanks,
Dan."

If you want to donate, you can do so here: http://melchiorfund.blogspot.com/.
If you know of another way to help Letha and Dan, send me an email and I
can get you in touch. If you want to know more about what's going on, here
is the nice Independent write-up:
http://www.indyweek.com/indyweek/dan-and-letha-melchior-maintain-their-creative-resolve-in-the-face-of-sickness/Content?oid=2294717
.

Thank you,
Julianna Thomas

  • Letha and Dan Melchior need your help!, Julianna Thomas, 11/14/2011