ch-scene - Re: Look, amc-h. You don't care for me, and I don't care for you. But...

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Dave Yarwood <dave.yarwood AT gmail.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Look, amc-h. You don't care for me, and I don't care for you. But...
  • Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2011 23:17:54 -0400

Amen Evan!! I totally agree. It sucks financially to be an independent
musician, but until you get picked up by a label or you're making enough at
shows to fund a record, you just have to grin and bear it because it's your
baby and yours (/your band's) alone. I've self-released everything by
Antibubbles - I don't have thousands of dollars sitting around in my bank
account, but I do have credit cards, and I'm willing to deal with the debt
until we make the money back (from playing shows and selling said releases)
because I felt that the music was worthy of being recorded and released on
an attractive physical medium. Whatever it takes to get it out there - I
really don't expect anybody who isn't in my band to help me pay for my
band's expenses. But who's to say that everyone else in bands feels the same
way?