ch-scene - Re: house show on FRIDAY - just added! PINCHE GRINGO

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Craig Powell <craigpowell AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: house show on FRIDAY - just added! PINCHE GRINGO
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2011 15:52:38 -0400

Just added to the house show on Friday!!

PINCHE GRINGO (Greensboro) who will return to the Layabout for his 3rd
appearance to play some of his badass, one-man-band-style, bluesy
garagerock!

<http://myspace.com/pinchegringoband>
http://myspace.com/pinchegringoband

can't wait!

yrs,
craig layabout
On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 1:48 PM, Craig Powell <craigpowell AT gmail.com> wrote:

> hey y'all -
>
> i'll be hosting a lil party/show at the Layabout this FRIDAY, the 10th at
> 9pm...invite yr friends!!!
>
> the layabout is a house located at 2702 Lawndale Ave. in Durham. shows
> there are $5 suggested donation/BYOB/all-ages. please remember to bring a
> few dollars (paper money! hit up an ATM if necessary- i'll make change!) for
> the touring band!
>
> there shall be live music, courtesy of:
>
> BAD COP (Nashville) Impose 'zine says: "soulful, greasy, howlin’ whiteboy
> kind of rant-rock that’s even greater than the sum of all its crazy parts, a
> frantic, no-holds-barred, “fuck the rules” kind of album that we desperately
> need right now."
> http://badcopmusic.com/
> http://reverbnation.com/badcop
>
> BELOVED BINGE (Durham) The Indy says: "a K Records/ Teenbeat blend of
> generous hooks and captivating quirks." Plus Eleni might bring something
> yummy and vegan!!!
> http://belovedbinge.com/
> http://reverbnation.com/belovedbinge
>
> and possibly maybe one more? but either way, this is gonna be a damn fine
> evening.
>
> here's the facebook 'event' page - http://on.fb.me/j00D0C
> feel free to invite those who should be in the know!
>
> summertime = time for hangin' and for house shows... so come hang at this
> house show, y'all!
>
> yrs,
> craig layabout
>
> the-layabout.com
> moderncountryrecords.com
> triangleshowlist.com

  • Re: house show on FRIDAY - just added! PINCHE GRINGO, Craig Powell, 06/08/2011