ch-scene - Puppet news

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Paperhand Puppet Intervention <donovan AT paperhand.org>
  • To: <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Puppet news
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 11:45:57 -0400

Hello Puppet Friends,
We only have 16 days left to reach our goal and we need your help to do it.
Please consider going to
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/donovanzimmerman/paperhand-puppet-intervention-12th-annual-summer-s?ref=live
and making a pledge that will go directly to creating our 12th annual summer
pageant at the Forest Theater and NCMA. Aug 5th ~ Sept 11th.
We are building the show as we speak with a team of awesome interns and
volunteers.
The money raised will help buy materials, improve our lighting and sound,
printing costs, and other essentials to making the show happen.
There are cool rewards for each of the different levels of donation as well.
Check it out here...
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/donovanzimmerman/paperhand-puppet-intervention-12th-annual-summer-s?ref=live

In other news...

This friday May 27th ~Paperhand will perform "Lumanity" at the opening of the
Haw River Ballroom in Saxapahaw. The new space is amazing and it will be a fun filled
evening of rock, and roll, and puppets!
Haw River Ballroom
Saxapahaw, NC
1711 Saxapahaw-Bethlehem Church Road
Tickets and info~http://www.hawriverballroom.com/event/41935/

Sat May 28th ~ We will be doing "The Big Tent Cabaret Road Show" at Duke
Gardens at 1.
Sarah P. Duke Gardens
420 Anderson Street
Box 90341
Duke University
Durham, NC 27708-0341
Though I think it is sold out, you can still join the parade at 2 around the
garden.

Sun May 29th~ come to our first community work/play day at our studio in
Saxapahaw.
6079 Sax-Swep Rd. Saxapahaw, NC 27140.
We will continue these work/play days every Sat in June then, into July as
well.
Be a part of the excitement and hard work putting together a giant puppet
production. We could use the help as we are dreaming big.

Sat June 4th~ From 5-8 Jimmy Magoo and the Good Life along with the
Paperhand Band will be rocking the hillside in Saxapahaw while the farmers
sell the precious fruits of there labors.
Come support them and us and we will give you a rockin good time.

That's all for now. We hope to see you soon,
The Paperhand Crew

  • Puppet news, Paperhand Puppet Intervention, 05/26/2011