ch-scene - house show this fri. w/ americans in france, wild wild geese, the whines (pdx)

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Craig Powell <craigpowell AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: house show this fri. w/ americans in france, wild wild geese, the whines (pdx)
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 12:59:14 -0400

hey kids!

there's another house show at Layabout coming up THIS FRIDAY and DAMN, it's
gonna be rad!!!!! it's the 1st friday night jammmer i've hosted in a while,
so y'all ought to c'mon out and celebrate summer, dig on some rock'n'roll
and get a bit tipsy!!

the show will start at 9pm and the address is 2702 Lawndale Ave. Durham.
shows at Layabout are BYOB and (ALWAYS!) all-ages. there's a $5 suggested
donation (CHEAP!) and i can't emphasize this enough - PLEASE bring cash!
paper money! all proceeds go to the bands at layabout + chipping in $ is key
to my being able to keep booking rad touring bands! OK... done venting!

on the bill for this friday, we've got...

AMERICANS IN FRANCE return to rawk the layabout once again! this time they
have a brand spankin new LP coming out on odessa records (
http://odessarecords.com/artists/aif) so we can prolly expect some fresh
jamz/hijinks! http://myspace.com/americansinfrance

<http://myspace.com/americansinfrance>THE WHINES (Portland) play catchy,
lo-fi garage pop! their singer, karianne has the *coolest* voice +
apparently their LP was one of ty segall's top favs of 2010 (
http://brooklynvegan.com/archives/2010/12/ty_segall_lists.html) which is
about as solid an endorsement in my lil' corner of the rock'n'roll universe
as one could hope for! PLUS they're gonna be selling cheap burgers + hot
dogs fresh off the grill in the backyard! (meat & veggie!)
http://freemusicarchive.org/curator/WFMU/blog/The_Whines

WILD WILD GEESE will once again grace us with ridiculously catchy
garage-pop! featuring members (ex + current) of americans in france, rongo
rongo, the toddlers & spider bags. They also rep for odessa & their new-ish
LP 'sorry, earth' is one of my most-listened-to local records to come out
recently! http://wildwildgeese.bandcamp.com/

<http://wildwildgeese.bandcamp.com/>here's the link for the facebook "event"
http://on.fb.me/lgvrWp

good times in store.... can't wait!

yrs,
craig layabout
the-layabout.com
triangleshowlist.com
moderncountryrecords.com

  • house show this fri. w/ americans in france, wild wild geese, the whines (pdx), Craig Powell, 05/25/2011