ch-scene - house show TOMORROW (4/5) w/ Rainbow Nerd (members of HNMTF, LITT), Zoos of Berlin (Detroit)

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Craig Powell <craigpowell AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: house show TOMORROW (4/5) w/ Rainbow Nerd (members of HNMTF, LITT), Zoos of Berlin (Detroit)
  • Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 14:59:52 -0400

hey folks!

i've got a VERY cool show coming up tomorrow, TUESDAY the 5th here at The
Layabout house in Durham! The house is at 2702 Lawndale Ave., in the Old
West Durham neighborhood.

Since it's a Tuesday we'll start the music on the earlier side... Please
show up by 9ish if you don't want to miss the bands!

RAINBOW NERD is a new duo featuring Duncan from Hammer No More The Fingers
and Leah from Lost in The Trees. Mellow and catchy "grown-up" pop! They seem
especially well-suited to the cozy intimacy of a house show - I can't wait
to see them for the first time! http://vimeo.com/21112317

ZOOS OF BERLIN are a new-ish band from Detroit featuring members of Pas/Cal,
The Pop Project, etc. I've yet to see these guys but they remind me of the
chamber pop influenced psych-folk of The Kingsbury Manx and especially of
genius New Zealand pop singer/songwriter, Richard Davies (Cardinal, The
Moles, etc.) I do believe this is their Durham debut!
http://zoosofberlin.bandcamp.com/ +http://www.daytrotter.com/
dt/zoos-of-berlin-concert/20032230-37382288.html

The show is all-ages, BYOB and there's a $5 recommended donation (please
remember to bring cash!!) We'll be shooting to start things on the EARLY
side, so please, please show up close to *on time*! Even if yr used to
arriving late to The Layabout and it's worked out for you in the past - this
time there's a good chance you'll miss some of the show! Anyhow, hope y'all
can make it!!!

and here's the "event" page: http://on.fb.me/etqHJE

yrs,
Craig Layabout
The Layabout :: the-layabout.com
ModCo Recs. :: moderncountryrecords.com
Triangle Showlist :: triangleshowlist.com

  • house show TOMORROW (4/5) w/ Rainbow Nerd (members of HNMTF, LITT), Zoos of Berlin (Detroit), Craig Powell, 04/04/2011